About SOM is Automotive Grade Design

Hi,

We are working on virtual cluster project. We plan the use this module “Apalis iMX8 QuadMax 4GB Wi-Fi / Bluetooth IT”. Is this SOM the Automotive Grade. If it is not. Does Toradex design the SOM according to Automotive Grade for customer special request ?

Thanks.

Hello Altunsamet,

wel our SOM are designed Industiral grade but we do not have a special automotive grade certification or version. But we have customer using our Apalis modules for Automotive displays.
As long it is not use in the engine department (Where you see the highest Temp).
for example in the RIMAC Hyper Car. Rimac, the fastest electric supercar - Apalis iMX6 SoM & Qt

Best Regards,

Toradex

Dear Matthias Gohlke,

If we request that the components used on the project-based module be lined up with AEC within the framework of customer demand, is there a chance to update the price accordingly? I demand this. Because we have to use SOM in the first place. And we think Toradex has the best support in this regard. Thanks.

Saygılarımla / Best regards,

Hello Altunsamet,

do I understand your question correct?
you want a custom version of the SOM?

Best Regards,

Matthias

Hi Matthias,

We want to Apalis IMX8 1.1C Version SOM’s with aoutomotive grade components. The components are same. Only difference is automotive grade components.

Best Regards,

Samet

Hi altunsamet,

I am sorry but there will be no version for Automotive as BTO.

Best Regards,

Matthias Gohlke

There will be no special automotive grade version.