About Linux 2.7 Beta for T20

Hi,

I just realized the new LinuxImage Beta 2.7 is now available and I’m about to flash it on our Colibri T20.
Among the new features interesting for us:

• Support of Morty branch of Yocto
  • angstrom lxde image now depends on meta-qt5

Does it mean that we now build images with Qt 5.7 support with gstreamer 1.x as default player for video playback ?

Karim

Hi

Yes, the V2.7 release is based on the morty branches.
The angstrom-lxde-image recipe does not build or pull in anything from meta-qt5. The meta-qt5 layer is added because meta-angstrom depends on it and bitbake’s recipe parsing would fail without it. Note that the layer has been present also in the V2.6 releases based on jethro.

So you will need to build your Qt5 based image yourself, that build will use Qt 5.7 from the meta-qt5 morty branch.
For the T20 and T30 based modules the hardware accelerated gstreamer integration is based on gstreamer version 0.10. How that fits with Qt 5.7 I do not know.

Max

I realize this is an old answer, but thought I might chip in with a comment towards this part of the answer:

The meta-qt5 layer is added because meta-angstrom depends on it and bitbake’s recipe parsing would fail without it.

I have added the following line to my bblayers.conf, after which the meta-angstrom layer does not complain about the missing meta-qt5 layer.

BBMASK += "${TOPDIR}/../layers/meta-angstrom/recipes-images/angstrom/systemd-qt5-image.bb"