I’ve been using OpengGL ES and EGL with the Colibri iMX6 and WEC 2013 with reasonably good results, but I’ve come across some shortcomings.
- For my application, I need to have a way to share the image buffer between the GPU and CPU as documented here https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-opengl-es-to-accelerate-apps-with-legacy-2d-guis. Unfortunately, while the necessary functions like
eglCreateImageKHRexist in the .h files, they don’t exist in the .lib files, so I can’t link my application.
eglCreatePixmapSurfacecompiles, links, and executes fine, but after drawing, the resulting buffer is always black. If I call
glFinishto force the completion of the OpenGL pipeline, the program crashes without any error. It just closes and disappears without any information in the debugger or elsewhere. However, if I call
eglCopyBuffers, I can get pixel buffer… but it is SLOOOOOW.
I have the following questions.
- Who is the author of the iMX6 OpenGL ES and EGL implementation for WEC 2013?
- Where can I get more information about what features are or are not implemented?
- Where can I file bug reports for the OpengGL ES/EGL implementation with hope that they may actually be addressed?
- Most Important - According to Issue 14125 (http://developer.toradex.com/software/windows-embedded-compact/imx6-wec-software/release-details) a new 2D/3D acceleration driver is being provided in the upcoming Q2 2016 release. Will either of the above 2 issues be addressed in that release?