7" capacitive touchscreen options

Hi,

I’ve always done my embedded system prototyping on a Raspberry Pi, but would really like to move to a Toradex platform for production deployment. I’m currently using the Raspberry Pi Foundation official 7" capacitive touchscreen with the RPi prototype, and am wondering whether there is a similar display available for the Toradex suite of modules? I note the Fusion 7" display in the Webshop is now discontinued, and considerably more expensive than other comparable units.

Will Toradex be offering an ‘official’ 7" capacitive touchscreen option in the near future (to replace the Fusion), or will I need to interface with a generic display using a generic display adapter?

Thanks!

Dear @jars121,
We are working on replacement displays. The following displays are planned:
7" PCAP touch 800x480px
7" resistive touch 800x480px
10.1" PCAP touch probably 1024x600px or more

We have prototypes of the two 7" displays but have some smaller issues to be fixed. I hope we can release the display for customers in the next 2 months.
The 10.1" is still in definition phase. I hope we will have something in early Q3 2017.

We will use the two connectors below to connect to the PCAP display. We started using the PCAP connector (X3 below) on our newer carrier boards, e.g. Aster V1.1 or Ixora V1.1. Other carrier boards will get support for the PCAP connector a bit later. The display signal connector (X12 below) is already supported on all our current carrier boards. I don’t want to share too much more details at the moment as some stuff still might change.

Thank you very much @roman.tx, it’s great to hear that an option is already in the works. I’ll continue developing the prototype, and look forward to investigating the Toradex ecosystem as a potential production platform in the very near future.

Has the 7" PCAP display testing finished. We would love to get one for our own project. If yes, we would love to get one for our own project. Also, is there documentation available or is that still in the works? If no, can you let us know if you will have anything finished in the near future? Thanks.

Has the 7" PCAP display testing finished.

Yes, it is available from our online web shop now.

We would love to get one for our own project. If yes, we would love to get one for our own project.

Just go ahead and order one then.

Also, is there documentation available or is that still in the works?

It is available here.

If no, can you let us know if you will have anything finished in the near future? Thanks.

Concerning Embedded Linux drivers we are just now in the process of committing those in resp. -next branches. The documentation will also be updated shortly but generally the display resolution and timings of the Fusion 7 inch apply as well.