10.1 capacitive touch screen not working

Hello,

I’m trying to get a 10.1 Capacitive touch Display to work with an imx8mp SoM on a Verdin Development Board (connected with a DSI to LVDS adapter), and can’t seem to get the display working.

Here’s my OS and Kernal:

Operating System: TorizonCore 5.7.2+build.20 (dunfell)
            Kernel: Linux 5.4.193-5.7.2+git.b60d3160fd04
      Architecture: arm64

I get a white flash when I boot the module but get a black screen besides that.

I’ve checked my connections with this page, I would appreciate if someone could check I have the right overlays enabled:

fdt_overlays=verdin-imx8mp_native-hdmi_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_lt8912_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_sn65dsi84_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_sn65dsi84-lt170410_overlay.dtbo

Also the “Touch RST” light on the adapter is red but I guess that could be from missing overlays.

Thank you!

Hi @bengur ,

Looking at the overlays.txt text you shared the order of the overlays is not the same as in our documentation. I believe the order in which you list the overlays in fdt_overlays can change the resulting devicetree blob.

From our Device Tree Overlays article for TorizonCore 5 the overlays for your setup should be these, in this order:

touch-atmel-mxt_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_sn65dsi84-lt170410_overlay.dtbo verdin-imx8mp_sn65dsi84_overlay.dtbo

Try appending the overlays like above and see if the display works (including touch detection).

Best regards,
Lucas Akira