WiFi drivers supported in imx7d

Hi Team,
We are in process of redesign our board, we use iMX7d 1GB eMMC SOM.
Could you please help me share list of supported WiFi modules?

Thank you
Neeraj

HI @neeraj.verma

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Community!

Could you please help me share list of supported WiFi modules?

Which modules are you talking about?

USB or SDIO Based?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx ,
Looking for SDIO based. I already did lot of research earlier building different branch, backports drivers and what not but nothing worked.

My earlier testing / observations are:
https://www.toradex.com/community/questions/44146/how-to-enable-sdio-wifi-in-imx7.html?childToView=45433#comment-45433
https://www.toradex.com/community/questions/45141/how-to-enable-wireless-interface-on-kernel-30-imx7.html?childToView=45438#comment-45438

Somehow I do not see iMX7 in the list below: is WiFi not supported in this module or document is not updated?

Could you please tell me SDIO module which is already tested and running with Toradex kernel without any modification? Like the way I do for USB based at present.

Thank you
Neeraj

HI

I already did lot of research earlier building different branch, backports drivers and what not but nothing worked.

So you were not able to deploy a custom kernel with backports and kernel modules?

Somehow I do not see iMX7 in the list below: is WiFi not supported in this module or document is not updated?

Sure, iMX7 is supported for SDIO or USB Wifi Dongles. Lot of our customers are using this. This list shows especially SoM with already integrated Wifi chip, which could be a recommendable solution for you.

Could you please tell me SDIO module which is already tested and running with Toradex kernel without any modification?

We have tested some of the SDIO modules, which should work out of box.

Best regards,
Jaski

Thank you for details.
let me discuss with team and see if we can switch to iMX8.
Is there any document describing changes/comparison b/w iMX7d and iMX8? this will help us to take decision.

Thank you
Neeraj

You are welcome.

You can check this page and remove all the modules except iMX7 and iMX8.

Best regards,
Jaski