Which Toradex Windows Embedded Compact is good to start development

Hi, I am using Apalis iMX6Q 1GB V1.1B & Ixora Carrier Board V1.0 i am following this procedure , so when i see the toradex easy installer UI there is a list of Images,

Toradex WEC7 1.4-20181213,
Toradex WEC13 1.4-20181213,

Toradex WEC7 1.3.1-20180522,
Toradex WEC13 1.3.1-20180522,

Toradex WEC7 1.2-20170719,
Toradex WEC13 1.2-20170719

So i have some query

1. which one should i prefer to start development,
  2. which one is good for long term development and also in terms of features.

Thank-You

Dear @rohit.maniwal@bitmapper,

We always recommend to go with the latest version. You can see the list of fixes we did for each release here : https://developer.toradex.com/software/windows-embedded-compact/imx6-wec-software/release-details.

Please keep eye on the community to check the latest bugs arising with our release. If there are any major bugs then you can use an older release version. As of now, there are no major bugs in our latest release.

@raja.tx yes right, in the latest version which one should i prefer wince13 or wince7 image for development purpose and one more query is that suppose if i used (wince7 image with visual studio 08) and for some reason if i have to move to (wince13 with visual studio[12/13/15]) then in this situation is there will be any license issue will occur for us.

Dear @rohit.maniwal,

We recommend WEC7 for features and developer friendly. If you are expecting performance better then we suggest you to go with WEC2013(compiler generates thumb 2 instructions). If you are looking only application development then WEC7 and WECE2103 are ideal choices, ethernet debugging works flawlessly.

@raja.tx thanks, one more thing i have to ask is that if i used (wince7 image with visual studio 08) and for some reason if i have to move to (wince13 with visual studio[12/13/15]) then in this situation is there will be any license issue will occur for us

Dear @rohit.maniwal@bitmapper.com,

We are shipping modules with WEC2013 license and it supports backward compatible as well. You need to check Visual studio license type whether it supports an upgrade or downgrade that you contact with the distributor or where did you buy the license.