Web Interface of iMX7D running WEC 2013

Hi,
I want to give my users an easy option to download files from the device. I found this article:

https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/smb

I set the device name, but as I only have one device connected to the network, this isn’t the problem.
I tried to connect to the device using my browser, and I get a response, but …

So, connection works, the web server on the device works, but the implementation of the web interface is missing, or I am wrong?

How to fix that, so the content of the SMB article is somehow usable?

Thanks for helping.

With best regards

Gerhard

Dear @Gerhard

SMB is the protocol that Windows uses for file sharing. The files are not available in a web browser, but in the regular file explorer.
However, I don’t recommend to use SMB for a general use case, because Windows CE only supports the outdated NTLM V1, which is neither installed nor enabled by default on Windows 10.

If you want to make the files available from a web browser, you need to implement your own web page, which requires some programming.

A simple way to make files accessible is enabling the WinCe FTP server.

Regards, Andy

Thanks Andy,

but, I still can’t access the device via web interface as described in the documentation …

Is there a sample for using ftp to access files? How to enable ftp?

With best regards

Gerhard

Dear @Gerhard

You can setup the server configuration in the registry, as described in the following developer page article:

The registry settings are also documented on Microsoft’s web page about FTP:

I recommend you start with anonymous FTP, as there is less to configure.

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

here again, the documentation references the missing WebInterface

1889-here-again-the-webinterface.jpg

Yes, I can alter the registry but for the users it is easier to have the WebInterface as they working out in the fields with my system.

With best regards

Gerhard

Hi Andy,

ok, sorry, but I was misleaded by the documentation on the Toradex site.
Ok, than we have to live without interface ((The life is to short to program a web interface in C/C++))

With best regards

Gerhard

Dear @Gerhard

Microsoft decided to retire the web interface quite some versions back. Up to WEC7 we were able to easily migrate the functionality, but with WEC2013 this was not possible anymore.
So if you need the web interface on WEC2013, I’m afraid you will need to implement this as part of your project.

Here’s a link to Microsoft’s documentation how to do this:

Regards, Andy