Warning C4985: '_wcstoi64': attributes not present on previous declaration

We have developed a smart device application on Visual Studio for Win CE 7 Colibri iMX7 Platform using Toradex CE 700 on Windows 10 Host.
During build process it gives warnings as written below: Complete log of Build messages.

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: BootFromA7test, Configuration: Debug Toradex_CE700 (ARMv4I) ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'BootFromA7test', configuration 'Debug|Toradex_CE700 (ARMv4I)'
1>Compiling...
1>stdafx.cpp
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\altcecrt.h(308) : warning C4985: '_wcstoi64': attributes not present on previous declaration.
1>        c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\toradex_ce700\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(684) : see declaration of '_wcstoi64'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\altcecrt.h(309) : warning C4985: '_wcstoui64': attributes not present on previous declaration.
1>        c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\toradex_ce700\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(685) : see declaration of '_wcstoui64'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\altcecrt.h(380) : warning C4985: '_strtoi64': attributes not present on previous declaration.
1>        c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\toradex_ce700\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(654) : see declaration of '_strtoi64'
1>C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\ce\include\altcecrt.h(381) : warning C4985: '_strtoui64': attributes not present on previous declaration.
1>        c:\program files (x86)\windows ce tools\sdks\toradex_ce700\include\armv4i\stdlib.h(655) : see declaration of '_strtoui64'
1>Compiling...
1>BootFromA7test.cpp
1>.\BootFromA7test.cpp(48) : warning C4129: 'F' : unrecognized character escape sequence
1>.\BootFromA7test.cpp(48) : warning C4129: 'K' : unrecognized character escape sequence
1>Linking...
1>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Projects\BK\BootFromA7test\BootFromA7test\Toradex_CE700 (ARMv4I)\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>BootFromA7test - 0 error(s), 6 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Please find attached project for your reference.

We are not able to find out possible cause of these warnings as we are now not able to deploy application to EVK board also.

Dear @bipin7301

Please use double slash “\” the compiler will try to interpret \F as special character:

// Wrong
RetVal = Rpmsg_SetConfigString( hRPMsg, ( const TCHAR* )"Firmware", ( const TCHAR* )"\FlashDisk\rtos\KDSTestNewRTOSLib", StoreVolatile );
// Correct
RetVal = Rpmsg_SetConfigString( hRPMsg, ( const TCHAR* )"Firmware", ( const TCHAR* )"\\FlashDisk\\rtos\\KDSTestNewRTOSLib", StoreVolatile );

Do you really need to include altcecrt.h in stdfax.h? Anyway, it shouldn’t prevent you from deploying the application. How do you deploy your application to the target? What version of Visual Studio are you using? Did you try to deploy a simple application?

Regards,
Stefan

Hi Stefan_e.tx,

[we are using Visual studio 2008]
When a Smart device project is created with pre-compiled headers then stdafx.h automatically included in project. We have not included this file.

Excluding altcecrt.h from stdafx.h removed the said warnings but same code was built successfully without warnings on my PC with same version of visual studio earlier.
Same code is building successfully without warning on my colleague PC also with same development environment and he is able to deploy and debug application.

I also thought that this problem should not be linked with deployment problem.
I had posted a separate question also regarding my deployment problem.

Regards
Bipin Kumar

Dear @bipin7301,

Thank you for your patience. The warning problem might be related to missing ATL Update. Could you please install and try? Also, I didn’t get those warnings and debug problem on my PC

Also, we have solved one important issue related to Rpmsg recently. Could you please check this post: CE Libraries 2.2 - crash in Sys_GetConfigInt - #2 by andy.tx - Technical Support - Toradex Community and download and test the preliminary release