VF61 missing setxkbmap

Hallo,

After flashing linux to VF61 setxkbmap is not found.
How can it be installed ?

Best regards

Hi

What exact HW and SW version are you using?

If your image does not have setxkbmap installed then you would have to rework your image recipe to include the package, rebuild and redeploy to the module.

Note that setxkbmap is part of all our binary demo images which ship with the X-Server.

Max

Hallo Max,

thank you for your reply.

Yesterday I loaded the image “Colibri-VF_Console-Image_2.7-20180104.tar.bz2” from this URL"https://developer.toradex.com/software/linux/linux-software#Binary_Images" and flashed it to the VF61.

Best regards

Hi

And why would you want setxkbmap on a system which does not provide the X-Server?

Max

Hallo Max

because it is so difficult to type
“wget http://mosquitto.org/files/source/mosquitto-1.4.4.tar.gz

How can I load a x-server or is there better none beta linux-image one can flash ?

Best regards

You may want to try a more recent LXDE demo image e.g. from here.

Hallo Marcel,

thank you for your answer.

But my problem is not a x-server but the keyboard layout. The linux image of my VF61 expects a querty layout and my keyboard has a qwertz de layout.

Best regards

Keyboard for what? What exactly is it that you are trying to achieve? What exact hardware and software versions of things are you talking about? I don’t believe we sell any keyboards. What exact keyboard are you talking about?

Hallo Marcel,

two weeks ago I flashed a linux-image to a Colibri iMX6DL.
After flashing I entered the command “setxkbmap de” and that caused a certain effect.
My question is, what must be entered to the commandline of a VF61 to achive the same effect ?

Best regards

Did you try the command you are talking about with the Lxde Image on VF61?

Hallo Jaski,

it seems that I can not flash a further linux image.
I connected the VF61 via RS232 to my PC.

Hitting the space key after powering on VF61, the normal prompt “Colibri VFxx #” is shown, but not the menu for flashing the VF61 ?

Best regards

Hi Hermann

You need to the follow the Instructions on this site to flash the new Linux image.

Hallo Jaski,

thank you for answering.
I could flash the VF61.

Best regards

Perfect that the flashing is working. Is the Issue solved now?

Hello Jaski,

that issue is solved, thank you.

Best regards

Perfect. Thanks for your feedback.