Verdin Development Board -- driver for rotary encoder

Thank you, Daniel! Thank you for your kindness and attention to help me! Have a great afternoon!

Daniel, I made the connection of the encoder with the pullup resistors, I used a multimeter to validate the operation. It’s all OK. Thank you very much.
My qt code understands the encoder step as keyboard commands, decrement is key_left and increment is key_right. How to do this implementation? Do I have to add some other driver? Or make any changes to the module?

Hi @allanbic ,

About the qt integration, please check the information provided on this article from Qt Company.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais

Daniel, good afternoon! How are you?

I had already checked this file at another time. I made the settings, because without success! The problem I’m having is the following: my application understands the encoder as if it were a keyboard signal, check the following snippet:

void FControl::onKeyPress(int Key)
{
     qDebug() << "received";
     qDebug() << Page;
     int press;

switch(key)
     {
          case Qt::Key_Enter:
          case Qt::Key_Return:
                  press=0;
                  break;
          case Qt::Key_Left:
                  press= -120;
                  break;
          case Qt::Key_Right:
                  press= +120;
                  break;
          case Qt::Key_Return:
     }

How do I make the system understand that the encoder increment is Key_Left and Key_Right decrement?
I believe I should have to direct this in a module, correct? If yes, how to do it? Thanks for listening!

Hi @allanbic ,

I’m afraid that I can’t help you with this, please reach the Qt Forum for questions related to Qt.

Best regards,
Daniel Morais