Using kexec on the IMX8MM to gather crash logs

Hi @jeremias.tx,

That’s correct.

The custom TorizonCore was necessary to change some kernel configuration options, add drivers (the display driver only seemed to work when built into the kernel instead of loaded as a module), edit recipes such as Plymouth to change the orientation of the splash screen and position of the spinner (our screen is rotated), and so on. I also wrote a patch for the NXP/Freescale I2S driver to enable BCLK before our speaker driver’s BCLK is enabled as that driver IC needs the clock to be enabled before configuration.

I don’t think the crash is related to TorizonCore. It seems to be an Out Of Memory issue related to Docker. I would just like to be able to retrieve the logs so I can be sure memory is the problem, and can see when exactly it occurs, and maybe even why it ran out of memory at that time and decided to kill the Docker daemon instead of a container. This would be helpful in debugging our containers or pinpointing a memory leak if that is the issue. The exact problem is described here: Container limit? - #15 by henrique.tx. We’ve now tested with Verdin IMX8MM modules with more memory, and it does seem to alleviate, but not eliminate the problem. I’ll also do some testing with different memory limit settings per container soon.

I indeed forgot the attachment, it should be included this time :slight_smile:
kexec_log.txt (10.2 KB)

King regards,

Ernest