Update Linux or U-Boot independently

I got the very same error while booting the M4 core described in this article: U-Boot crash on bootaux hello_world.elf - Toradex Community

Therefore I want to update the Linux on a 3.0.4 install or downgrade the U-Boot to 3.0.4 for a custom 5.0 Linux made through Yocto Project.

Greetings @Ilan_Figueiredo!

We highly recommend you to use the Toradex Easy Installer to re-flash your module. That’s what we’re supporting and you should already have a Toradex Easy Installer-ready image if you built an image using Yocto. In the same way, the Toradex Easy Installer makes it easier to fetch our reference images - including BSP 3.0.4 - directly from our servers.

If you absolutely need to upgrade your system components separately, take a look at how our legacy flashing method worked, which is described in this article. We relied upon a custom script and some U-Boot functions. Although we do not support this method anymore, you’re free to check how this works and perhaps adapt and change it to your needs.

I downloaded and compiled the U-Boot for 3.0.4 and changed the “u-boot-nand.imx” file in my custom toradex image, created using Yocto Project.
It now boots both Linux 5.1 and the M4 auxiliary core with no issues.

@Ilan_Figueiredo,

Glad that this works!

While we’re at it, I want to inform you that we’re aware and are investigating the U-Boot bootaux crash issue.