Unable to install some python modules

Hello folks,

I’m trying to install the bcrypt(3.1.7) module through pip3 but to no avail. The problem is that when installing the dependency the following error message is raised:

"unable to execute ‘arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc’: No such file or directory".

It seems that there is no suitable compiler to build the dependency. So what can i do to fix this?
The image installed on the device is Angstrom GNU / Linux v2017.12 (Core edition). Also for convenience I am attaching the complete output of the error message.

Thanks in advance.

error.txt

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I managed to install some packages through cross-compilation and the crossenv tool, everything is working now. However, your tips are valuable and I’ll pass them on to the team. Perhaps the best approach in our case is to consider your advice and move to BSP 3.0.4.

Many thanks for your assistance.

Hi @adoniasasneto,

Please, could you describe your environment in details?

• Which BSP you plan to use? Judging by your error.txt, you were conducting your build with BSP 2.8 (angstrom). If that is the case, I advise you to move forward to BSP 3.0.4, which is our current LTS and has much more support, fixes/improvements.
  • And, also based by your error.txt, you are trying to install bcrypt directly in the target. That will not work because your target (iMX7D) probably doesn’t have the development tools (as the arm-angstrom-linux-gnueaby-gcc compiler). You should, then, add the bcrypt through Yocto Build to be installed in your custom image.
  • If you are in the “evaluation” phase of your project, you can also try TorizonCore, our new Industrial Linux Platform. With it, you can use containerized applications with Debian Bullseye reference, and you can create containers with Python3 and use python3-pip to install additional libraries. See here an example of Python Development and Debugging with TorizonCore.

Best regards,
André Curvello

Thanks for the feedback!

I’m glad to help.

Again, I suggest you and your team evaluate TorizonCore. You’ll find it much easier to use.

Best regards,
André Curvello