Unable to create Visual Studio 2019 project with Torizon extension

@jeremias.tx
I followed your directions, using Visual Studio (not Visual Studio Code), and everything worked. Attached are a zip of the HelloWorld_test folder and the moses output.

I meant to note that the appconfig_0 folder and the config.yaml file were created.

@gloverbarker

Ok well it seems the project/application creation endpoint works properly.

Can you create a new Torizon C/C++ project in Visual Studio itself. Make sure the moses debug console is running as always. We want to see the /api/applications/create endpoint being called.

I noticed in your previous logs that were provided this endpoint wasn’t present. It should be called when a new project is created. We just want to see and compare if there’s a difference between this endpoint being called by Visual Studio vs it being called by the web UI method you just did.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I got the same results as before. When I tried to create the project, a popup said “Error creating project, the new project may not work as expected.” And moses indicates it was looking for config.yaml directly under HelloWorld, with no appconfig_0 folder. Zip file of HelloWorld project folder and moses output are attached.

Strange it seems your setup never hits the /api/applications/create endpoint and goes straight to the /api/applications/load endpoint. This would explain why config.yaml doesn’t exist in your setup. Now the question is why does it skip the creation endpoint for you.

Was there anything other than the popup in Visual Studio? Perhaps anything in the output window or such?

If I click “OK” to the error popup and let VS create the proeject, The Solution output pane gives me the attached solution output, and the Build output pane give me the attached build output. There is nothing in the Error List pane. But I doubt if any of this is relevant, since it comes after the original problem.

If it is possible to have a Webex or Zoom, or similar package, session so you can view my desktop as it happens, I would be open to that.

The team went over your VS output and noticed the following line:

the project file ‘HelloWorld’ cannot
be found.

There might be something missing from your VS setup. Is the “Linux development with C++” workload installed on your VS setup?

Furthermore when you create a standard non-Torizon Linux project in VS is there also a similar warning about the ARM configuration being missing? Perhaps the issue is that the ARM/ARM64 tools aren’t installed. Though I believe this should have been default installed along with the Linux workload.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

That was it! Somehow I had missed installing that workload, even though I reinstalled VS when it wouldn’t work the first time. That is embarrassing.

Anyway, now it creates the project without error, and there is an appconfig_0\config.yaml file. Also, I now have the ‘Debug > Linux Console’ menu item. I have entered the sample code and run it, so I consider the problem solved.

Thank you!

Glad we were able to eventually resolve this.