UI partially stops updating in simple UNO Platform app

As per request, I start a new thread with this specific issue.
I have written a simple UNO Platform sample app with:

• 3 fixed TextBlocks
  • 3 TextBlocks displaying data received from a serial device (1 sample --4 bytes-- per second)
  • 7 TextBlocks with fixed text and font color changing according to device status
  • 1 png image with size animation

After some time, part of the UI stops to update (data is still arriving correctly).
This happens also with updated libraries on the device (Colibri iMX6DL 512MB v1.1Y)
OS image: TorizonCore Upstream 5.6.0+build.13 (dunfell)
I stop all containers apart from UNO Platform and Weston containers.
For CPU occupation I use the “top” command from a SSH shell: it shows 50% cpu occupation.
I am not a Linux expert.
Lorenzo

I attach the output of the top command run in the app container.

Hi @Lorenzo ,

At first glance it seems to be an issue related to UNO/.NET rather than something Toradex related.

We did a quick test using 12 fixed TextBlocks and we don’t see the high CPU usage. Can you post your VSCode project to see if we can reproduce it on our side? If you prefer you can send it privately here to me or you can send it to support@toradex.com.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Hi @Lorenzo ,

We received your project here and managed to run the application. Given that our module didn’t receive any serial data, the user interface remained static during our tests, which doesn’t correspond exactly to your setup.

Using top our CPU usage in this condition remained at around 10%.

Your issue is likely related to .NET or UNO. I recommend you create a simpler interface with fewer elements and see if the issue persists. I also advice you contact their respective support for more help.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

That’s ok.

The serial device is the following: https://www.nonin.com/products/xpod/

Cordiali saluti | Best regards

image001.jpg

Hi @Lorenzo, how are you?

Do you have any updates on this topic? Could you improve performance or get any updates from their support?

Best regards,

Hi,

no news, after my first tests I decided to drop the .UNO Platform for being not a mature technology.

Cordiali saluti | Best regards

image001.jpg

Hi @Lorenzo!

Thanks for the update. If there is any other problem that we could help with in the future please reach back to us.

Best regards,