Ubuntu 18.04 and Qt Design Studio

Following Toradex instructions for “Qt C++ Application Development on Torizon Using Visual Studio Code” (see Qt C++ Application Development on Torizon Using Visual Studio Code | Toradex Developer Center), I installed Qt Design Studio on my Ubuntu 18.04 laptop. However, it turns out, that the latest version of Qt Design Studio (2.2.1) is incompatible with Ubuntu 18.04. When I try to run it, I get an error about GLIBC_2.28 not being found. According to Qt tech support, this is expected: “Ubuntu 18.04 is no longer listed as supported platform in Qt6… Qt6 links against GLIBC 2.28…”

So, since Toradex recommends the use of Ubuntu 18.04, I would like to know the answer to one of the following questions:

1. If you are able to run the latest version of Qt Design Studio on Ubuntu 18.04, what is the exact sequence of steps I need to follow to make that possible (what libraries/packages I need to install, etc.)?
  2. If you are running an older version of Qt Design Studio on Ubuntu 18.04, which one?

Thank you.

Greetings @rubi0030,

It would probably just be less hassle to to use Ubuntu 20.04 in this case if possible. When we say we “recommend” Ubuntu 18.04, all this means is that is what we initially tested our extension on. But of course this recommendation becomes less valid as time passes. Our VSCode extension works just fine on Ubuntu 20.04, so there should be no issue there.

Best Regards,
Jeremias