UART (USART) with synchronous support?

Are there any Colibri modules with USART functionality - that is with synchronous support and RxC TxC clock input and output available on the SODIMM pads?

Hi @BDSKPEF !

I did a quick search about USART, but I could not find anything.

I will search more and ask internally.

Meanwhile, could you please tell us why / where you need this specific interface? Is it some specific peripheral device? Or maybe some microcontroller?

Knowing the requirements helps us to better understand your case and maybe even recommend you some solution/workaround.

Best regards,

I did a quick search about USART, but I could not find anything.

I did the same and I now also went through NXP’s reference manual for imx6ull - looks like they dont support sync. mode.

Meanwhile, could you please tell us why / where you need this specific interface? Is it some specific peripheral device? Or maybe some microcontroller?

Its a peripheral bus with up to 512 bits - historically we have used SSC on Atmel ARM7 and USART on different ST and Microchip devices.

Reagards Paul

Hi @BDSKPEF !

For i.MX processors, synchronous serial interfaces pass by their SPI interface.

Have you tried to use SPI to communicate with your device?

You can try it by using the spidev on the device tree together with the spidev-test that you can build from Linux Kernel.

You can also take a look at the SPI chapter of the Colibri iMX6ULL Reference Manual from NXP to check if it is possible to use this interface in your use case.

Best regards,

Hi @BDSKPEF!

Do you have news regarding this topic?

Best regards,

not at the moment - still looking into the ECSPI phase and polarity, and the behaviour and timing between bytes or words when sending multiple bytes.

Hi @BDSKPEF !

Do you have news regarding this topic?

Best regards,