U-Boot Issue After Updating Colibri VF61

I followed this document for update vf61 at yocto but after the setupdate and update with U-Boot I read resetting… and my device not start.

I had the flash_mmc.img that I found in Colibri_VF_LinuxImageV2.4Beta1_20150518.tar.bz2 (Index of /files/toradex-dev/uploads/media/Colibri/Linux/Images/old)

Now I have followed this guide for recovery VFxx Recovery Mode but I not have pinout or jump on my viola board so I used the solder solution

1. Directly on VFxx module
    Shorten the recovery pad. Refer to the picture below: …

But my device is still dead

Can I have a help?

Thank a lot

Michele

I would recommend trying this with a later stable BSP version e.g. 2.7 recently released (equal to 2.7b4).

Thanks you Marcel… but my module is dead… I tried update.sh but nothing response… also with rts and cts … these my steps:

1. Soldered two point with I read on your document (https://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/vfxx-recovery-mode )
  2. Power ON the module
  3. Launch update.sh and wait ( ttyUSB0 115200 with RTS&CTS )

response magic missing 0x000000

Hi Michele

If you are getting

response magic missing 0x000000

then, you did not get to recovery mode. Do you have another sample of the module? If yes, try this one.
Additionally check your cabling.

Best regards

Jaski

Hi Jaski thanks for your informations. Unfortunately I not have another module; but I followed your guide and I loaded your uboot img. Why I got this problem? So your documents are wrong and now my device is broken… frankly, I’m stumped also because your devices are not cheap. Please check your web documents

Best regards

Michele

HI Michele

Did you have once working connection to the module? If not, then probably it is a cabling issue or general communication issue.

best regards, Jaski

Hi Michele
Could you send a small picture of your cabling? I think, this will help a lot.
Best regards
Jaski