U-Boot build issue

Hello all,

I am following the following page for re-building U-Boot:

http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/build-u-boot-and-linux-kernel-from-source-code

…and am encountering this issue, which is noted in the article:

arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-ld.bfd: cannot find -lgcc
examples/standalone/Makefile:67: recipe for target ‘examples/standalone/hello_world’ failed
make[2]: *** [examples/standalone/hello_world] Error 1
scripts/Makefile.build:421: recipe for target ‘examples/standalone’ failed
make[1]: *** [examples/standalone] Error 2
Makefile:1149: recipe for target ‘examples’ failed
make: *** [examples] Error 2

The problem is though, the workaround for this problem does not appear to work - I am entering this:

make CC=‘arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-gcc --sysroot=~/workspace/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/sysroots/colibri-imx6’

…but it doesn’t solve the problem. I see there is also a “colibri-imx6-tcbootstrap” folder, should I be referencing that instead of “colibri-imx6”?

Regards,
Richard.

I’ve resolved this by using the pre-compiled Linaro toolchain. Would still be interested to know why my Yocto-built toolchain didn’t work though…

Hi

I guess that is a bug on our developer website.
The expansion of “~” to your home directory may not work as expected in that context.

If you replace “~” with the full path, e.g. /home/richard I expect the build to succed.
Probably ${HOME} would work too.

Max

Ok, I’ll give that a try, although I am in two minds about sticking with the Linaro toolchain - it is simpler in terms of paths, but I would be using a different toolchain to what was used to build most of the image…

Can you please confirm that “make CC=’…/sysroots/colibri-imx6’” is correct though?

You’re question is about colibri-imx6-tcbootstrap?

colibri-imx6-tcbootstrap is used to overcome a chicken/egg problem when building the toolchain.

So yes, “make CC=’…/sysroots/colibri-imx6’” is correct.

Max