Touchscreen PenMount PM6500 on Colibri

What’t the output of cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip | grep SERPORT ? If it’s m try modprobe serport and see if it’s mounted with lsmod. if it fails please share dmesg output.

Hi Dominik. With “cat /proc/config.gz | gunzip | grep SERPORT” I see CONFIG_SERIO_SERPORT=m. With “modprobe serport” I see modprobe: FATAL: Module serport not found in directory /lib/modules/4.9.84-rt62-SCE1.3.1. With “lsmod” I don’t see module loaded. Regards Davide

Log dmesg https://share.toradex.com/qfqvvuoqra0cx6a?direct

Thank you very much Dominik. I will try to verify my module deployments. Regards Davide

Hi Dominik, thank you. I didn’t do the deplyment of the modules.
Regards Davide

So is it working now?

Yes, work! Thanks

Perfect. Thanks for the feedback.

Hi, I’m trying to use the serial PenMount driver already present in the kernel.
I use menuconfig to configure the kernel and I enable CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_PENMOUNT.

I execute the commands:
bitbake -c clean virtual / kernel
bitbake -c menuconfig virtual / kernel
bitbake -f -c compile virtual / kernel
bitbake -k angstrom-lxde-image

Once the image is installed, I start “xinput_calibrator --list” I don’t see the penmount driver in the list. I don’t understand why menuconfig works for the kernel name, but not for adding the driver.

Another question: how do I set the PenMount driver on ttyS1?

Thank you very much. Davide

Hi @Davide1976

Probably you will need to attach the driver to a specific serial port. This can be done with inputattach. Unfortunately there is no precompiled package available so you have to build it from the sources:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/linuxconsole/

After that you can do something like:

inputattach --penmount<what matches the best> /dev/<tty>

Maybe this helps, regards
Stefan

Hi @Davide1976

If you don’t need the other tools you can simply do the following:

cd utils
make inputattach

This generates only inputattach, maybe this is enough for testing?

If you need the other tools you probably need to add libsdl to the image, this could be achieved by adding libsdl to your conf/local.conf in Yocto:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libsdl "

After that you should also rebuild the toolchain:

bitbake image
bitbake <image> -c populate_sdk

Regards,
Stefan

Then you’ve failed to properly deploy modules for your custom kernel. Please try deploying the modules again or building the serport driver in the kernel.