Torizoncore-builder can't pull containers because of access permissions

I don’t think TorizonCore Builder would be able to easily access this container registry with this authentication method. Currently Torizoncore Builder can authenticate container registries via the following methods:

• Username/Password login
  • Authentication via provided CA certificate

In this case it looks like you need to authenticate using a specific google cloud tool along with a json file that looks specific to google cloud as well. Currently TorizonCore Builder doesn’t handle anything google cloud specific, so I would think this is currently not possible. Unless there’s a more generic way to authenticate access to google cloud registry, though I’m not familiar enough with google cloud to know.

A possible workaround would be to first pull the container image from your google cloud registry to your development machine. Then you could create a local registry on your machine and then have TorizonCore Builder target that instead. Basically something like what is described here: Try to make a customized TorizonCore with Pre-provisioned Docker-Images - #12 by jeremias.tx

This should work in theory, though it is a bit clunky. But until proper google cloud authentication support could be added to TorizonCore Builder, this might be your only practical option.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

2 Likes