Torizon C/C++ libraries

Hello,
I am using TorizonCore on my imx6 Apalis module, and I am trying to develop a C/C++ application in Visual Studio 2019 by using Torizon C/C++ support in order to send some AT commands via the serial port.
My questions are:

• What libraries do Torizon C/C++ offer?
  • Is it possible to add some additional libraries to Torizon C/C++?
  • I want to use QT libraries so I would like to know if Torizon C/C++ offers this possibility?
    @jeremias.tx
    Thanks.

Greetings @tissoudali,

I just want to clarify your question here. The C/C++ libraries do not come from the Torizon extension itself. All libraries provided by the container that you use, in this case Debian.

I believe the following article will help illustrate this: C/C++ Development and Debugging on Torizon Using Visual Studio | Toradex Developer Center

In the above article we walk through an example C/C++ application workflow using our Visual Studio extension. For adding libraries to your application we show 2 methods. The first method which you can use for a majority of common libraries is shown under the “Development Packages” section of the article. Here we list the name of libraries, which tells the extension what libraries to add to your container. To know what name is used for each library/package keep in mind that we use a Debian based container meaning all the packages use Debian-based naming. You can use the following site to find what the exact package names are: Debian -- Packages

Also as we show in the article there is a difference on build-time libraries/packages and runtime libraries/packages so please keep that in mind.

Now as for the 2nd method to add libraries, you can manually add the source code to your project and build it yourself. We show this in the article with influxdb-cxx. This method is for when you can’t find the library in the Debian package lists or when it’s a non-public library or such.

So to go back and answer your question, yes you can add Qt libraries. However if you’re using the first method you’re limited to the Qt packages available in Debian, which you can see here with a quick search I did: Debian -- Package Search Results -- Qt (this may not be all of the available packages as it was just a simple search)

Otherwise you’re free to build in the libraries yourself but this will require you having access to the source code and knowing how to build it properly.

I hope this helps clear things up.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Thanks you so much Jeremias,
It clear know for me .
I will start working on “C / C++ Developer Workflow on Windows” and analyse all the steps before adding labraries.
My best regards,
Tissoudali Mohamed.

You are welcome.

Best regards,
Jaski