Torizon-builder Multiple logins

I’m trying to make my own image and bundle all my containers. I’m getting an error due to login credentials. I have 1 image that is from a different repository so I need some way to allow docker to be authorized to access 2 repos at the same time. I can use Docker Login, but that only allows me to me loged into one repo at a time. Any idea how to add credentials for a 2nd repo?

Repo 1 - username/password
Repo 2 - username/password

Hi @jeffbelz ,

Let me see if I understood your situation: you’re using TorizonCore Builder to create a custom image and bundle it with your containers. The problem is that they’re in two different repositories, and you can’t access both of them at the same time, is that correct? Are you customizing the image using the build command i.e. using tcbuild.yaml?

Just to be sure: both repositories that you’re using are private registries, right?

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

Little more info (see attached)
I have to get images from Both the jmeador and jbelzvf repos of dockerhub.
or have the bundler use the images already pulled to my PC

When I run the bundler it wants to go out to the dockerhub.com repos. How can I tell the bundler to use the images already downloaded to my PC. or how do I get docker to use multiple username/passwords based on the docker hub repo it needs to access.

Attached is my docker compose.

docker-compose.yml (3.4 KB)
t

Thanks for sharing your docker-compose.yml.

I took a look at it and noticed that actually only the image owned by jmeador is in a private repository. I can pull all the images from jbelzvf without problems.

So you can just use the credentials for jmeador for the bundle and it should work. In order to bundle Docker containers (including images in private repos) using a docker-compose.yml to the image there are two possible ways:

You can see more details about these two methods in this page: Pre-provisioning Docker Containers onto a TorizonCore image | Toradex Developer Center.

Let me know if this helps you.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira

That worked, but one last snag. the base image in the example is
torizon-core-docker-colibri-imx6-Tezi_5.3.0+build.7.tar

I’m running the verdin plus. how do I found out the full name of the .tar for my module. I downloaded the easy installer, but does not call out the .tar. Is there a link to show all the .tars available?

The name of the .tar is the name of the image that you can download here: Toradex Download Links (Torizon, Linux BSP, WinCE and Partner Demos). Download the version without evaluation containers if creating a custom image with TorizonCore Builder.

At the time of writing this text the latest TorizonCore quarterly release for the Verdin iMX8M Plus is torizon-core-docker-verdin-imx8mp-Tezi_5.6.0+build.13.tar.

Try this and see if it solves your problem.

Best regards,
Lucas Akira