Toradex Easy Installer Stuck on 100%

Hi, I am trying to use Toradex Easy Installer to install a custom Torizon OS 6.5.0 image hosted on a server on my local network via Zeroconf. I am using a Colibri-iMX7D-emmc. When I host an image with only the device tree customisation applied, it works perfectly - Easy Installer installs the image automatically when it detects it and then reboots (I have autoreboot set to true in tcbuild.yaml). However, if I bundle my docker program with the image using the output->easy-installer->bundle->compose-file option in tcbuild.yaml, then the installation will get stuck at 100% with the message “Downloading and extracting file(s)”, as seen in the screenshot below:

I have tried waiting on this screen for ~30 mins but nothing changes. The Easy Installer is definitely still running because I can see the cursor moving around and the background images changing. If I manually restart the Toradex by powering it off and then on again, it will boot to the newly built OS and run the bundled docker program. So the OS and program installs correctly, but for some reason the Easy Installer seems to not realise that the install is finished, and therefore not auto-reboot.

Greetings @JRob17,

I just did a quick test myself and I was unable to reproduce this. My custom image that had containers bundled did not get stuck at 100% when auto-installing via a Zeroconf setup.

Does this issue happen reliably to you? Or only sometimes?

What version of Easy Installer was the device running? For reference my test was with version 5.7.1.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like

Hi, thanks for the quick reply!

I was using Easy Installer 6.5.0 build 4 since that was the latest version from official Toradex servers, and it seemed to make sense to use that one since I am using Torizon OS 6.5.0.

However, I have just tried again using Easy Installer version 5.7.5 build 19, which is also available in the image list on the Toradex, and that works correctly, installing the image and then automatically rebooting and running the program. I have gone back and checked with version 6.5.0 again and that one still gets stuck on 100%, even though the image has been written successfully.

I have tried each version twice just now - the same behaviour happened each time, with 5.7.5 successfully installing and rebooting, and 6.5.0 getting stuck on 100%.

I will continue on with 5.7.5 then for now, thanks very much for your input.

tl;dr: Solution is to use Easy Installer ver. 5.7.5

I have one concern relating to this issue. Will iMX7D EMMC modules come pre-installed with this V6.5.0 version in the future or will they be using the same V5 version that my module came with?

I will continue on with 5.7.5 then for now, thanks very much for your input.

Interesting, that’s good to know the version matters here. I’ll bring this up with our team regarding the issue you observed with 6.5.0.

Will iMX7D EMMC modules come pre-installed with this V6.5.0 version in the future or will they be using the same V5 version that my module came with?

As of this moment the modules you receive from us will be pre-loaded with the Easy Installer version shown in this table here: Download Toradex Easy Installer | Toradex Developer Center

We only bump these versions if there’s a product need to, which does not happen very frequently in my experience. So that is to say there are no plans at the moment to bump the version here for i.MX7.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

1 Like

Ok perfect that’s good to know, thanks for your help!

No problem, glad I was able to help clear things up.