Toradex Easy Installer not loading while boot

Hi,

Recently bought a Toradex Colibri Evaluation board v3.2 + iMX6ULL module and followed the step by step starting guide provided in the link posted below

https://developer.toradex.com/getting-started/module-1-from-the-box-to-the-shell/installing-the-operating-system-colibri-evaluation-board?som=colibri-imx6ull&board=colibri-evaluation-board&os=linux

Connected ethernet cable (with dhcp enabled), USB cable Type-B , VGA monitor, USB keyboard & DC power Supply on 20V 2.2A.

After powering on, as mentioned in start guide. I didn’t see any toradex easy installer setup on my monitor by default.

So tried recovery mode using SW9(hold) and powering on the eval board, to flash the module with image which i downloaded from official site.

Module not entering recovery mode as I’m not seeing any led indication as per the video provided in this link(iMX Recovery Mode).

Instead of that my RESET OUT# Led is always on. what is the issue with my board?

Kindly help me out with this issue.

Hello @Lingaraj and Welcome to the Toradex Community!

Could you provide the version of the software of your module?

Module not entering recovery mode as I’m not seeing any led indication as per the video provided in this link

Did you make a usb connection between your host and carrier board (x25 and x27)? If yes what is the output of lsusb on your host when you enter the module in recovery mode?

What is the console output?

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @jaski.tx,

Thanks for your time.

"After powering on, as mentioned in start guide. I didn't see any toradex easy installer setup on my monitor by default"

Looks like the module is received without any software. So i tried to install the easy installer to the module.

On x25 & x27 type B USB connected to a linux PC. ttyusb created only for the debug port & flash port not shown in the list.

In the console, no character shown while power reset & recovery mode.

HI @Lingaraj

How did you make the connections to the carrier board? Through a Usb Hub? If yes, could you try to do a direct connection between your host and the carrier board ad check if this helps?

Could you share the output of lsusb on your host?

Which Linux distribution are you using?

Hi @jaski.tx ,

It’s a direct connection to PC. I’m using Ubuntu 16.04.

Unfortunately, sent back the carrier+module to factory for testing. Let you know if problem persist.

Hi @Lingaraj

Thanks for the feedback. Where did you send the module back to?

Hi @jaski.tx, To Toradex Systems, bangalore.

Hi @Lingaraj,

we received the module and it is working fine with my setup .
I suspect that it may be because of wrong connections . please follow below link for get start your evaluation with toradex boards .
https://developer.toradex.com/getting-started?som=colibri-imx6ull&board=colibri-evaluation-board&os=