Toradex Apalis LED project + doorbell

Hello Toradex community,

Here is my equipment:
-Board Ixora v1.1A
-Toradex Apalis iMX6Q 2GB IT
-Usb bluetooth
-SSD mSATA 64GB
-LED strip

I have a project to install my board at the entrance of my house, I have LED strips and a doorbell outside,
I would like that when I press the button, the LED lights up in sequence and a music is triggered via small speakers.

Do you think this is possible ?

I prefer to prevent I am a beginner :slight_smile:

Yes, it is definitely possible to create a project like this with the equipment you have. Here’s a high-level overview of how you could approach it:

1. Connect the LED strip to one of the GPIO pins on the Ixora board. You’ll need to write some software to control the GPIO pin to turn the LED on and off in the desired sequence when the doorbell is pressed.
  2. Connect the doorbell to another GPIO pin on the Ixora board. You’ll need to write software to detect when the doorbell is pressed and trigger the LED sequence and music.
  3. Connect the small speakers to the Apalis iMX6Q board via its audio output jack. You’ll need to install and configure software on the Apalis board to play music when triggered by the doorbell.
  4. Since you want to trigger a Bluetooth speaker, you’ll need to ensure that your USB Bluetooth adapter is properly connected to the Apalis board, and that the appropriate software is installed and configured to pair with and play music through the Bluetooth speaker.

Overall, this project will require some software development skills, as you’ll need to write code to control the GPIO pins and play music on the Apalis board. However, with the right skills and some research, it should be feasible to build this project with the equipment you have.

Hi @alex.tx ,

Thank for your message im gonna do that now !

yes i said im beginner but im also junior software developer for the code its okay :slight_smile:

have i nice day !

Hi @Fonky,

As you mentioned, because you’re a beginner, I would also recommend you use TorizonCore. Have you tried that already?

Please, take a look at these guides:

TorizonCore is our image that uses Docker containers and is ready to use. You can follow these guides to have more information. We also provide a VSCode extension for you to work with TorizonCore. I would say is the best approach here, since Yocto can be very difficult at first sight for beginners. Let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,
Hiago.

1 Like

Hello guys,

Again i would to say, you are amazing !
i work with dotnet environment, so its perfect for me :slight_smile:

Now when a try to install TorizonCore i got error (screenshot)

I try with 1.8 and 5.2 version of toradex easy installer
and torizonCore docker 5.7 with and wihtout container

Hi @Fonky ,

in this case did you install it over the network or did you put the TorizonCore image on a USB Stick? Which process did you use?

Best Regards
Kevin

Hello kevin :slight_smile: ,

Yes im sorry i forgot this topic

Here is the solution to my problem :

1 Like