TK1 JTAG setup

Hi,
We are trying to do some energy measurements with the TK1 module using the evaluation board (1.1). The external module to do the measurement is LynsSyn Lite https://store.sundance.com/product/lynsyn-lite/ .
The link between voltage/current measurements and the program counter is done using JTAG communication (to gather the program counter). But we are unable to establish a connection between the 2 boards. In the LynSyn wiki they mention something about the JTAG id chain (JTAG device list · EECS-NTNU/lynsyn-host-software Wiki · GitHub), where can we find these information for our toradex hardware?

Also, in the toradex wiki (JTAG), it is said that the “SoC needs to be restarted with TRST_N pulled low”. Then the given method is for another measurement external tool/software, do you have any recommendation on how we should do this in our setup?

Hi @brouxel

Thanks for writing to the Toradex Community!

where can we find these information for our toradex hardware?

We don’t have any experience using LynSyn.

it is said that the “SoC needs to be restarted with TRST_N pulled low”

Reading the Trace32 Documenation, it tells you to activate the diag messages in the Log list. So I don’t know how you can activate this in your Tooling.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi Jaski,
Even though you don’t have experience with LynSyn, can’t you provide me some information on where can I find these JTAG ircode/irlen to build the JTAG chain?
Maybe you could retrieve it from your own testbed using Trace32, probably the command “System.Config.Status” from the documentation you are referring to.
I believe these information to be set CPU family-wise.

For the TRST signal, thanks this documentation is useful.

Best,
Benjamin.

Hi @brouxel

Even though you don’t have experience with LynSyn, can’t you provide me some information on where can I find these JTAG ircode/irlen to build the JTAG chain?

No, unfortunately not, because I don’t have this Information. You need to contact the provider of LynSyn.

Best regards,
Jaski