T20 flash entire image via nvflash

Hello.
We have developed HW for few yers ago, it was projected for flashing via Nvidia-recovery mode.
Ii is encapsulated into aluminum frame, with buttons for recovery and usb port for flash.

There is NO uart, NO display for u-boot.

Which is way to flash compiled lastest (2.8.7) yocto image?

Please, i know, that you dropped support for nvflash and recovery - but i dont never why? It absolutely bullshit, we have dead devices no with no support for flash? It seems to be little crazy.

So what you recommend now?

Thanks

Hi @msv_zitnik !

Could you please share more information?

• Which OS do you use on your development machine?

• Which modules are you targeting? Please specify the full name/version of the modules.

• Currently you have which OS (and version) on the modules?

• Do you need/want to update all the modules that are in the field?

• Are you considering to flash Toradex standard image or some customized image?

• Is there a reason to change the OS?

Best regards,

Dear @henrique.tx

I use Fedora 24 in systemd container with successfully builded yocto 2.8.7 image (with modified kernel and custom patches)

In our product is Colibri T20 512Mb V1_2

Currently we have Ubuntu 14.04 rootfs and flashing based on your BSP 2.3 witch have update.sh using nvflash.

We need update everything modules without disassembly via T20 recovery mode such as BSP 2.3:
“./update.sh -r 512 -v V1_2” flashes everything on a Colibri T20 V1.2 with 512MB RAM

Main reason is newest rootfs with NVidia BLOBs for OpenGL acceleration for QT5 QML.

So I need way for flash latest yocto image for T20 Colibri via recovery mode.

Main difference is BSP 2.3 use uImage, yocto have zImage and newer u-boot.

Oh, thanx all for enough comprehensive answers!

Wasted a lot of hours, but solved.

I think, there will be same problem with imx6/8 with dead u-boot - disassembly product and short recovery pins (no buttons as T20) - same poor solution

Hi @msv_zitnik,

I am very sorry to hear that the recovery mode and USB connection have not been implemented on your board. We always recommend making the Debug UART accessible. To see how you can achieve this there are Carrier Board Design Guides which explain how to implement it.

On the Apalis family, the iMX8 modules do not have a SW triggered recovery. The iMX6 though does support that as you can see here.

If you design a new carrier for the new modules we recommend doing a hardware review, which we at Toradex provide. In the review process we would advice you to use the Recovery Pin, USB OTG or the Debug UART.

You would need the Debug UART specifically to reflash the T20 modules, as well as a prepared SD-Card or a USB-Stick with the dedicated image on it. I guess since you were successful you had somehow access to the serial console right?

Best Regards
Kevin