Systemctl suspend causes Power off state

Hi @Samuele,

Sorry for the delay in reaching you back. I tried to reproduce the issue in your image a few times already but without success with an Apalis iMX6 and an Ixora. I tried different routines such as:

• going to suspend, wake up the system, going to suspend again a few times.
  • going to suspend and leave it there for a few minutes
  • going to suspend after a long time the device was powered off…

All tested with a Usb Key connected and without.

Is there any procedure that I may be missing to reproduce your issue? Did you find any other hint on which situations you can consistently reproduce it?

By the way, can you give me more information on the power source you’re using? How many volts and ampères?

Best regards,
Guilherme

Hi @gclaudino.tx

thank you for your feedback.

Most of the time that the issue happens is after the first sleep after a long power off with power supply connector unplugged.

I think you have coverd all the possible routines, but since our device is always connected to the board through USB, I think that the best solution is to left USB key connected, remove the power supply for a couple of hour and retry.

Concerning our power source, we use a 24V, 3A rack switch.

Thank you for the support.

Best regards,
Samuele

Dear @Samuele, how are you?

Do you have any new information on your issue? I was still not able to reproduce it but I’ll try to check it once more on Monday. Does this behavior happen with all the modules on your fleet or only with specific devices?

Best regards,
Guilherme

Hello @gclaudino.tx, I’m fine thanks, I hope you too.
Unfortunally we were not able to reproduce it anymore, and this is so much more frustrating.

Due to the need of enable other gpio, we are evaluating the idea of upgrade the kernel.

I’ll keep you update.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards.
Samuele

Dear @Samuele,

Thanks for the update. If it were just specific modules I’d suggest you to fill an RMA Form. But as you haven’t seen the behavior anymore, I think we don’t need to do this already.

Please keep me updated if you need any further support on this topic or on how to enable other gpio’s for your application.