Support suspend resume

I see 17118 Feature Request Support suspend/resume Colibri iMX6 WEC7.
Only one question - when will it be?
Thank you!

Dear @algan

You found this information in the Not Planned section on our Release Details page for iMX6. There’s a comment in the top of this section:

Issues in this section are not planned to be addressed. Please get in touch with our support if you need to have any of these issues addressed.

As you are approaching us now, I assume you would need this feature. Can you please give me some more details, so we can estimate the effort required on our side:

• Suspend mode needs also to be implemented (if not yet present) in each driver.
    Which drivers do you need to suspend / which drivers don’t you need at all, so they could be disabled from beginning on?
  • What is your time frame?
  • What is the maximum power consumption you expect in suspend mode
  • What is your expected time to resume from suspend?
  • Which kind of wakeup sources will you require?

If you don’t want this information to be publicly visible, mark your comment as visible by original poster and moderators only.

Regards, Andy

Dear Andy
Thank you for you answer.

We really need suspend/resume mode on Colibri iMX6.
-The maximum power consumption in suspend mode low then 10 mA.
-Exiting Suspend mode by external GPIO interrupt. GPIO (wake up interrupt).

Our main problem is the organization of the state of deep sleep and the awakening from it by external interruption (for example, from a button or by means of a logic signal).

. Concerning optimization of consumption of periphery. To us this question is less critical.

Dear @algan

I would like to discuss in our next developer meeting, how much effort we can spend on implementing the suspend mode. I still need some information from you:

• 10mA @3.3V is realisticly not achievable. The expected minimum power consumption in suspend mode will be more in the range of 25-40mA@3.3V, depending on the actual Colibri iMX6 module.
  • What is your deadline to get this feature?
  • Suspend mode needs also to be implemented (if not yet present) in each driver.
    Which drivers do you need to suspend / which drivers don’t you need at all, so they could be disabled from beginning on?
    The less drivers you require, the faster we can be with the suspend implementation.
  • expected project volume (how many devices do yo expect to sell)?

If you don’t want this information to be publicly visible, mark your comment as visible by original poster and moderators only.

Regards, Andy

Thank you for answer

Hi @andy.tx @raja.tx

we are using Colibri iMX6DL V1.0A with Evaluation board V3.2B and OS WEC8.

1. We want to suspend in low power mode as low as possible.
  2. we want to wake up it from external gpio and also with RTC.
  3. our peripherals are LM816 usb wifi, EIM bus, SPI, UART.