Splash Screen On Aplis iMX6Q

I have modified kernel configuration according to the following link Splash Screen on the Linux Kernel
But splash scree is not working nothing is showing on while booting. On default toradex kernel penguin image is comming but after updating the new kernel not showing anything.

hi @Hitesh

Could you provide the Software version of your module?

What exactly did you do?

On default toradex kernel penguin image is comming but after updating the new kernel not showing anything.

Could you provide your kernel config ( .config )?

Thanks and best regards,
Jaski

Could you provide the Software version of your module?
Image version = 2.8b5
Kernel Branch = toradex_4.9-2.3.x-imx

Config file = link text

Original .config file not able to upload because of your server issue so copied into manual file.

Even I download new kernel Image and try to copy zImage to /media/mmcblk0p1/ but with this kernel is stuck on starting kernel message.

Our splash screen image resolution is 800x600(similar to display resolution).

The config file you uploaded is same as the original .config. Is this correct? So you did not do any changes to the kernel?

Even I download new kernel Image and try to copy zImage to /media/mmcblk0p1/ but with this kernel is stuck on starting kernel message.

I think there was something wrong during the kernel compilation. Could you share the message you see on the screen?

Thanks.

as per splash screen modification require in kernel that I did and the same .config file I have given to you.
Is there any issue because of resolution(800x600) because your image is 80x80 and that penguin image is appearing like 5 penguin in top left corner

I think there was something wrong during the kernel compilation. Could you share the message you see on the screen?

link text

As I mentioned It is an issue of 4 images appearing while booting and crossed verify.
I have changed my image size similar to your penguin image so its working and same appear 4 images.

pleas reply fast.

Hi @Hitesh

Which display are you using? Could you share your logo?

link text

this logo is rename as logo_custom_clut224.ppm
and added to logo folder please once check your driver.

There is no issue in display.

@Hitesh: Is the Issue solved? I am working on this issue. I will let you know my results today.

Best regards,
Jaski

no not yet.

Hi @Hitesh

I resized your logo to 800x480, integrated this in the kernel and flashed to the module.
During the boot, the logo is well shown on the resistive touch 7 inch Display.

Which Display are you using? What is the output of fbset?

I have uploaded the kernel here. Can you try if this works well with your display?

Best regards,
Jaski

Which Display are you using?
HITACHI TX26D12VM0AAA link text -->Datasheet Of Display

What is the output of fbset?
root@apalis-imx6:~# fbset
mode “800x600-63”
# D: 40.251 MHz, H: 39.308 kHz, V: 62.892 Hz
geometry 800 600 800 608 16
timings 24844 112 32 18 3 80 4
vsync high
rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0
endmode

Did you try the compiled kernel I provided you in the post above?
Can you share some pictures of the splash screen shown on your display? Thanks.