Splash screen not visible on TorizonCore 6 on Verdin iMX8M Plus

I open this topic because I see two different issues (with the same problem) in the TorizonCore Issue Tracker:

• TOR-2492 that is labelled as Fixed in TC 6.1.0
  • TOR-2744 that is labelled as Known Issue - Backlog

Event with the latest Monthly 6.3.0-devel-202305+build.7.container the splash screen is not visible during the boot on Verdin iMX8M Plus.
I mean the splash screen on a HDMI monitor. connected to the native HDMI interface of Verdin Plus.
As far as I can see, it’s visible for shor time if you press the power button to start the shutdown on the Development board.

For my project the spalsh screen shown early during the boot is essential, because my device doesn’t have LEDs or other devices visible to the user, but only the HDMI display.
Is it possible for Toradex considering to increase the priority of this issue?
Thanks

Greetings @vix,

As far as I can see, it’s visible for shor time if you press the power button to start the shutdown on the Development board.

This is expected since the shutdown splash screen is separate from the boot-up splash screen.

As for the boot-up splash-screen issue I will speak with our R&D team and see if this issue can be further prioritized.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hello @vix,

This issue has been fixed on the latest nightly builds of TorizonCore 6.4.0 - which you should be able to get from the Toradex Easy Installer feeds. With this nightly build, you should be able to see the Torizon splash screen on kernel boot and also you should be able to add your own custom splash screen. Let me know how it goes if you get a chance to test this :slight_smile: