Sound Effect Delay

HI @dlmmartins

Thanks for the file. We will try to reproduce the issue on our side and come within this week back to you.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi @dlmmartins

I have the same issue.
My workaround was to remove the 400ms delays in the SGTL5000 codec with the patch in the attachment.
If you remove the delays, you will hear some effects if the dynamic audio power management (DAPM) goes to standby mode or active mode. Therefore you need to disable DAPM with the command

echo -1 > /sys/devices/soc0/sound/HiFi/pmdown_time

I don’t know why, but even if DAPM is disabled, the codec calls the DAPM codec function with the delays after about 5 seconds which causes the QSoundEffect delay. I am pretty sure there is a better way than my workaround but it is working fine for me.

Best regards,
Fabian

link text

Hello Fabian,
I’l test your way.
But one question …doing this, you could resolve this question about the 5s delay or not?

Hello @dlmmartins, I could resolve the 5s delay by disabling DAPM. If you do not disable DAPM, you will hear other sound effects, if DAPM state is changing. I think this is the reason for the 400ms delays in the codec.

Best regards,
Fabian

Hello Everyone

Thanks for your Input.

We tested playing audio files on the Bsp 3.02 release and we did not have any delay.
Could you test this also on your side?

Best regards,
Jaski