SDRAM update to 4G

I have an Ixora board for 2G DRAM,I want to try and get it upgraded to 4G. Now The main problem is that the kernel can’t start after LPAE configed.

What exact versions of things are you talking about? I assume you first run our latest stock BSP being 2.7b3 and then compiled a custom kernel off our toradex_tk1_l4t_r21.5-next branch correct? At what point did this go wrong and do you have any log output of the failure? Did you already do any hardware modifications? Please note that a 4 GB configuration will require an updated boot configuration table aka BCT ultimately fully validated & verified using NVIDIA’s Shmoo tool.

The version used is apalis-tk1,custom kernels are compiled after enabling LPAE.For BCT, I modified some parameters on the basis of the previous 2G, and I can see the 4G at uboot, but it is stuck in the kernel.Yes, I have modified the DDR part of the hardware.new,the biggest problem is that the config_arm_lpae kernel doesn’t start.

The version used is apalis-tk1,

Well, but which exact hardware revision thereof?

custom kernels are compiled

But custom kernel off what exact sources?

after enabling LPAE.

As mentioned before LPAE is now enabled on our -next branch as well.

For BCT, I modified some parameters on the basis of the previous 2G,

I am sorry but we do not have any validated & verified 4GB BCT as of yet. But most possibly such a BCT anyway depends on the exact RAM chips used and their particular timings.

and I can see the 4G at uboot,

Did you attempt to run a full RAM test from within U-Boot?

but it is stuck in the kernel.

What exactly do you mean by “stuck in the kernel”?

Yes, I have modified the DDR part of the hardware.new,

Which voids any warranty. And what exact hardware modification did you do?

the biggest problem is that the config_arm_lpae kernel doesn’t start.

Does that same kernel still start on a regular Apalis TK1 2GB version?

I’m sorry that my English is not very good, and the description is not detailed.Next I will test ram in the uboot phase,The results are detailed later