Qt Cross Compile Apalis tk1

Hi all,

Following the steps for the link : How to set up Qt Creator to cross compile for embedded Linux | Toradex Developer Center.

I was able to create and flashed the image for console-tdx-image for the 2.8 version, and I thought I could generate meta-toolchain-qt5 successfully, however, when I try to run a Qt App, I got the error

/usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/libexec/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/gcc/arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/7.3.0/real-ld:-1: error: error: cannot find -lGL

I know this is about opengl and the libGL library, my question is, where did I missed include it?

Thanks in advance.

hi @ununezta

Could you provide the software version ( uname -a ) of your module?

I was able to create and flashed the image for console-tdx-image for the 2.8 version

For Qt application, you should use the Qt enabled images and not just console image. You can find Qt images also in the Toradex Easy Installer, if you activate the Feeds Server.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hello @jaski.tx

Thanks a lot for your reply, I see my mistake, console image is not compatible for apalis tk1 for my understanding now.

The software version is: Linux apalis-tk1 3.10.40-2.8.6

I’ll try to flash another image, however, if I want to cross compile a qt app, meta-toolchain-qt5 is the good one to achieve this (this toolchain gave the gl not found error)? is there the posibility to create another one? angstrom-lxde-image is giving me some compilation errors on the v4l-utils module,

Regards

Hi

Thanks a lot for your reply, I see my mistake, console image is not compatible for apalis tk1 for my understanding now.

You are welcome. Actually the issue is that you need a Windows manager as X11 for Qt, which is not included in the console image. So you can use a Qt5-X11 image or a Boot2Qt image.

this toolchain gave the gl not found error)

Could you share the local.conf you used to create the SDK?

is there the posibility to create another one?

You can create whatever you want.

angstrom-lxde-image is giving me some compilation errors on the v4l-utils module,

Could you share any error log? Thanks.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi again,

I followed your recommendation to use qt5-x11 image, I created it from scratch and it was created with just a few warnings, I already flashed it and install the SDK, but now, when I deploy the app into the board, I’m getting the message:

qt.qpa.screen: QxCBconnection: Could not connect to display 0.0, Could not connect to any X display.

I didn’t change anything on the local conf, do you have an idea what did I miss?

Thanks

Please disregard my last comment,

My initial configuration is working and I’m able to see my app running, nothing changed, just started the X server and configure my HDMI as primary output.

I still have a lot to learn, and it will be sure I’ll be asking into this community, but for now I’m able to work.

Thanks a lot for your patience.

Regards

Perfect that it works. Thanks for the feedback.

is it still possible to set up qt creator to cross compile for embedded linux for TK1 module?
TK1 not mentioned in the applicable modules mentioned here:

Sure, why not? But rather than hijacking an ancient thread it would be much preferred for you to ask a new question potentially linking to this one if you feel this relevant. Thanks!