Purpose of 0R Resistors in the Tianma Display adapter Board

I am in the process of combining Toradex’s Tianma 7" Display adapter board with my custom carrier board design. I was wondering what the purpose of the 0R resistors on all the lines from the UDI connector are for? Is it safe to omit these in my implementation?

My carrier board is based on the Viola and thus already has 22R resistors on the display lines as in the Viola. I will be removing the UDI connector and will have just the final Tianma type connector after the adapter part. It’s all on the same PCB.

Hi @anoopanand,

A FFC cable is required to connect the Toradex’s Tianma 7" Display adapter board with the Toradex Carrier boards. Since the total track length was long, series resistor help to reduce the peak current when signal changes the state and reduce the slew rate of the switching signal. Thus improve the signal integrity.

Since you are trying to integrate the Toradex’s Tianma 7" Display adapter board with the custom carrier board. You can eliminate the series resistors used on the Toradex’s Tianma 7" Display adapter board.

Let me know, if you have any question.

Regards,
Satyan

That’s good to know. Thank you :slight_smile: