Production Programming without Linux PC

Hello everyone

Is there a way to flash a Colibri iMX7D module with our own linux image without needing a linux PC and linux know-how?
If not what is the easiest (as less user tasks as possible) way to flash the module in production?

Thanks for your answers

How about using the Toradex Easy Installer?

The homepage says:

Note: Colibri iMX7 Solo/Dual 256/512MB V1.1A and older are not supported by Toradex Easy Installer.

Note: Colibri iMX7 Dual 1GB V1.1A and newer are using an eMMC flash and are supported by Toradex Easy Installer 1.2, 1.3 and 1.6 or newer.
Toradex Easy Installer 1.4 and 1.5 did now work reliably with these modules.

So I guess this will not work…

Edit: I thougt that will not work because of the 2nd note but now I’ve seen my understanding problem…
I will check the easy installer option.

Thank you

The homepage says:

Note: Colibri iMX7 Solo/Dual 256/512MB V1.1A and older are not supported by Toradex Easy Installer.

Yes, as those prototype or sample versions were using an older NXP i.MX 7 SoC die revision having issues when it comes to NAND booting. While there existed a hacky workaround in former BSP versions we decided to drop this and never integrated such hacks in the Toradex Easy Installer.

Note: Colibri iMX7 Dual 1GB V1.1A and newer are using an eMMC flash and are supported by Toradex Easy Installer 1.2, 1.3 and 1.6 or newer. Toradex Easy Installer 1.4 and 1.5 did now work reliably with these modules.

That’s a typo and should read: Toradex Easy Installer 1.4 and 1.5 did NOT work reliably with these modules.

So I guess this will not work…

I do not understand why you come to that conclusion. The Toradex Easy Installer does certainly work just fine on any recent Colibri iMX7 SKU including all current volume products we do sell.

I edited my answer right after posting it. Sorry for the confusion, it is clear now. Are the iMX7 boards always delivered with easy installer installed?

Yes, all Colibri iMX7 modules are delivered with the Toradex Easy Installer being factory pre-installed.