we have the problem to mount USB flash drive on USB host port of VF50 module and WinCE6 V1.4beta1 (Release date: 2016-10-04) - on pre-preapred version of OS as well as with version built based on BSP.
The USB host port and USB flash drive worked properly on previous version release of WinCE6 OS ( V1.3 (Release date: 2016-06-30).
It is not clear to us what is the status of issue #17140. It looks like that it is solved in V1.4beta1 but it seems to us that we have exact this problem.
Please, could you help us to solve the problem asap. Do you gave some suggestion, some fix …
Second, it seems to us that Mass Storage Manager is not working under this release of WinCE OS. There is no any response after you click on this option.
One another thing related to this issue. When USB flash drive is plugged in, Storage Manager doesn’t work, and if i change and want to save some registry, when i click on SaveReg, there is no message “Registry successfully saved”.
I have first few questions about the issue:
- What is the capacity of USB drive?
- What is the brand of USB?
- Did you clear the registry before updating image? Did you also update the bootloader?
- Do you also have issue on our hardware? Can you please try using EVB or IRIS
- Inside our OSDesign in sub folder “Files” there is a file called USBDISK6.dll. If you remove this file and build image do you still have issue?
- If all of this does not solve the issue, would you be willing to ship me one of USB drives here? ( you will first have to clean release directory and rebuild again )
Thanks for your answers.
**Please, accept our answers in BOLD:
- What is the capacity of USB drive? >>> 8GB
- What is the brand of USB? >>> Kingston / Part No: Data Travel SE9
- Did you clear the registry before updating image? >>> We followed the instructions for Image upgrade defined on Toradex site. There is one step which covers the clear of registry during the image upgrade - http://developer.toradex.com/knowledge-base/colibri-vf50-vf61-wince-bring-up#Flashing_the_OS (Step #3). The similar activity is done during the bootloader update
- Did you also update the bootloader? >>> Yes. First we updated bootloader and after that the image (in accordance with your instructions).
- Do you also have issue on our hardware? Can you please try using EVB or IRIS >>> Yes, we are using our HW and IRIS DevBoard for this purpose. The USB flash drive is not working with OS 1.4Beta1 and it is working properly on 1.3 version of OS on both setups.
- Inside our OSDesign in sub folder “Files” there is a file called USBDISK6.dll. If you remove this file and build image do you still have issue? **>>> We will check and inform you. It is not clear to us how the build process will work if we remove this file. Should we change it with some other? **
- If all of this does not solve the issue, would you be willing to ship me one of USB drives here? >>> Ok. We will check the behavior of system after rebould of OS without USBDISK6.dll and inform you after that. We are going to check with different USB flash drives.
( you will first have to clean release directory and rebuild again )
Please, could you inform me about the root of problem that you suppose that it is there: not enough time for mounting the USB flash drive, not well compatibility with some brands of USB flash drives, not well support for high capacity of USB flash drive …
Please, take care that after we insert the USB flash drive the Storage Manager is completely getting stuck (regardless that the flash drive is still inserted) It seems that the first insert of flash drive block the system. … If the USB flash is not inserted anytime, the Storage Manager is working fine.
Best Regards, Dusan
You can remove that file. It will be replaced with original file.
As for root issue with current information its hard to tell. We didnt do any changes on mass storage but we did update all our files with latest updates. After removing that file we should have a bit more information. Also do you get any debug output on serial port if you enable it? ( set dbg.serial 1 )
The problem is solved after we removed the USBDISK6.dll from from Files folder.
Hi, I have the same problem on Colibri VF50 WinCE6 OS V1.4 (Release date: 2017-04-05) on the Orchid carrier board. Only one(Pretec 08GB USB Device) of the ~10 tested USB flash drives working properly. At the moment of the plug USB drive the consumption power is rizing up for the short time (about 1 second) and than falling down to the previous level.
Did you try lowering speed of USB?
in registry under
[HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\HCD_HSH2] and [HKLM\Drivers\Builtin\HCD_HSH1]
create dword value “HighSpeed” and set it to 0
Hello, thank you for update. Yes, I tried to use this option but it did not change anything. Moreover, one of the flash drives that I tried has a two-color USB speed LED indicator (blue - High-speed USB, red - Full-speed USB). In my case, then I plug this USB-stick in, LED blinking for one second in blue and and then turns off, as if setting the option “HighSpeed” to 0 does not affect anything. At the same time as I wrote about this, I see a short-time current jump.
I tried to toggle pin 129 - the same situation.
Yes, I will try to do this patch tomorrow. I’ll report you about results.
I tried the patch yesterday. Now USB flash seems to be working fine. Thank you.
Could you try this patch on Orchid.
We do not test any more on Orchid so there may be issues.