Problem with docker in Torizon development

Dear Sir,

I have succesfully build Torizon OS on Colibri Module. Now I have to develop application in Visual Studio 2017 in C++.

So, I installed torizon extension for Visual Studio 2017. Then, I followed steps as according to this site for installing docker Install the Build Environment for Torizon.
I followed their site to do the following experimentation to check if my docker is running Quick Start Guide and sign in | Docker Documentation. It shows that docker is running but only in ADMIN mode.

After successfully following these steps for docker, I started following the instructions to build my first c/c++ application for cross compilation with this link: Build and Run your First C Application

But when I go to Tools >> Other Windows >> Torizon Devices to connect to serial port, I get error message as cant connect to server. Please check docker is installed on this PC and start server application and click to retry. I thought it was user problem. So I started Visual Studio in ADMIN mode. But still the same error. Please let me know why this is happening. I am stuck almost for 2 days in this.

Thank you.
Regards,
Tanvi.

Greetings @tanvi,

I believe docker running only in admin mode on windows is normal.

As for your the connection error. Is the serial port of your carrierboard connected properly to your development PC? Can you connect to it using a serial terminal program like putty or teraterm?

If these issue persist can you try connecting to the Torizon device over network instead of serial.

I apologize for these issues, we are aware that there are various issue with the Torizon plugin for Visual Studio. Do note that we plan to release an updated version of the plugin by the end of this quarter (march), that we hope will alleviate these issues.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Dear @jeremias.tx ,
Yes sir. I am able to access the serial port using tera term on my development PC.
I will try connecting it over network.

Thank you.
Regards,
Tanvi.

@jeremias.tx sir,

I am able to connect the module using network but as soon as I connect it, the module gets restarted as soon as I connect it with Visual Studio 2017.

Please guide me in this.

Regards,

Tanvi.

@tanvi,

We are interested in helping you with this question, however It would probably be a better to wait for the upcoming new version of this extension. The reason being that the current public version of this extension has been proven to be buggy and I would not want you to get bogged down by issue after issue.

If possible I would urge you to wait for the next release of this extension which has been tested to be far more stable, and more suitable for development purposes.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

I am working on torizon for colibri IMX7 1GB /4GB flash, i followed all steps from this link Torizon | Toradex Developer Center , so after rebooting host, installed packages are not available inside the host, and for package installation every time i want to go inside the docker then i was able to install packages

Please help me regarding this

Hi @shubhamp-joshi,

Could you please create a separate post with your question and information so that we can better organize the questions and help you more efficiently.

Best Regards,
Jeremias