PPP dialing 3G/4G in Colibri Vf61

Hi @abhil

Sorry for the delayed answer.

The subject seems to more complex than expected. Actually it depends on the correct PPP authentication between carrier (SIM provider) and client (modem).

I tried using your ppp script on Bsp 2.7 and Bsp 2.8 with the Huawei E3531 and E3372 but the connection to the modem was not successful.

For the moment, you have 3 choices:

1. You can use modem-manager with network-manger ( You need to delete connman packages from the image)
  2. Use wvdial ( not available in Bsp 2.7)
  3. Use PPP Scripts.

Since you have a working ppp solution for kernel 4.1, you could revert the changes for drivers/net/ppp from kernel 4.1 to 4.4 and check if this works for you.

Best regards,
Jaski

Hi jaski,
sorry for long delay. I tried the options you specified on last comment.But none are effective.Still getting same issue.

tried wvdial method and reverted cahnges for drivers/net/ppp from kernel 4.1 to 4.4 .

I have no other option to make this working.V2.7 was ok for me but there was a UART data shift issue on that version and its solved on v2.8b3 .

Are you having any other solution for this issue.

HI @abhil

There is no issue.
Sorry for the delayed answer.

As already suggested by @ashok.tx, you could try the quectel modem EC20/EC25 which are used successfully by some of our customers.

Best regards,
Jaski