OpenEmbedded (core) - WARNING errors during Bitbake-generation

Hello.

I put my questions into attached PDF-file.

PDF-file with questions

angstrom-qt-x11-image is for Qt4. It is possible to use the angstrom-lxde-image with the following added in local.conf.

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase-plugins cinematicexperience"

You may add any extra Qt5 packages as per your requirement. The warnings can be ignored. Note that you need to build the image again after adding the above in local.conf.

Thanks for answer, but I did not understand in what case the line IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase-plugins cinematicexperience" is used. Is it necessary for Qt5 installation or only for Qt4?

Also I would like to know what does it mean gcc-runtime: Files/directories were installed but not shipped in any package? How to ship the files /usr/lib/libstdc++fs.la and /usr/lib/libstdc++fs.a into the package? What for and in which case are these files used/needed in package?

The IMAGE_INSTALL_append line is to be used when it is required to have the angstrom-lxde-image with the Qt5 libraries installed.

libstdcc++fs.a is an experimental addition to libstdc++. If you have to ask what it is you will likely not miss it in the deployed image. Have a look at the bottom of the following page from the relevant manual.
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/manual/using_dynamic_or_shared.html

The warnings on linux-timesys originate from files which are not available but are in now way needed for colibri-vf.
If you want to silence the warning go into meta-fsl-arm-extra and create the files:
touch recipes-kernel/linux/linux-timesys-3.13/0001-arm-dts-vf610-phycore-rdk.dts-rename-to-vf610-pcm052.patch
touch recipes-kernel/linux/linux-timesys-3.13/defconfig

The warning ‘No generic license file exists for: X11 in any provider’ can be safely ignored. Bitbake/OE checks the license strings in the recipes against known licenses in its code and can not fine ‘X11’.
If you want to silence it you can change the license string in meta-lxde/recipes-lxde/lxpanel/keybinder_0.3.0.bb to LICENSE = “MIT”.

Max

Hello.

I appended above mentioned line IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " qtbase qtbase-fonts qtbase-plugins cinematicexperience" to local.conf, and executed a command bitbake angstrom-lxde-image -c populate_sdk for generate SDK with Qt5 included. After 15 hours of executing a directory “deploy” with subdirectoreis “ipk” and “sdk” were generated.

I executed a file angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-v2015.12-toolchain.sh and installed SDK to /usr/local/oecore-x86_64.

But I cannot find a subdirectory qt5, that should be present in directory /usr/local/oecore-x86_64/sysroots/x86_64-angstromsdk-linux/usr/bin for further using in Qt Creator.
In this subdirectory qt5 following files should be present:
moc, qdbusxml2cpp, qlalr, qt.conf, syncqt, uic, qdbuscpp2xml, qdoc, qmake, rcc, syncqt.pl.

What I did wrong and how to add qt5 subdirectory, containing above mentioned Qt5-tools (incl. qmake) to SDK?

In attachment you can find 4 text files:

1. history of console output of all my steps for generating SDK;
  2. local.conf file with actual config;
  3. list of oe-core/deploy directory (made by “tree” after bitbake executing);
  4. list of /usr/local/oecore-x86_64 directory made after executing of angstrom-glibc-x86_64-armv7at2hf-vfp-neon-v2015.12-toolchain.sh.

4 above mentioned text files, zipped by gzip

For Qt5, the applicable SDK would be meta-toolchain-qt5. Please see here. The angstrom-lxde-image does not inherit populate_sdk_qt5 package class and as a result does not include Qt5 libraries when it’s SDK is build. One would have to the add the below for the angstrom LXDE image SDK to also include Qt5.

diff --git a/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb b/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb
index b41a435..6083b48 100644
--- a/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb
+++ b/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb
@@ -260,3 +260,5 @@ IMAGE_LOGIN_MANAGER = "busybox shadow"
 export IMAGE_BASENAME = "LXDE-image"

inherit core-image
+
+inherit populate_sdk_qt5

What is usage of line “diff --git a/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb b/recipes-images/images/angstrom-lxde-image.bb”?
Is it console command?
Sorry, I don’t understand this text (on the gray background) at all.

It’s a diff. It shows that the line “inherit populate_sdk_qt5” has been added to the file angstrom-lxde-image.bb. You can just build the meta-toolchain-qt5 for Qt5 SDK or alternatively use the approach above. We recommend the former as already discussed on the article.