No VGA image Apalis iMX6 Quad Evaluation Board

Hello.
I created my image using https://developer-archives.toradex.com/knowledge-base/board-support-package/openembedded-core#tab-bsp-500 and successfully flashed it on an Apalis iMX6 Quad (which is set to Evaluation Board Rev 1.1).
I changed the vidargs to : ‘video=mxcfb0:dev=vdac,1280x720M@60,if=RGB565 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M’
I also made changes to /boot/overlays.txt: fdt_overlays=apalis-imx6_vga_overlay.dtbo
But I am not getting any image on VGA, also /dev/fb0 is missing from the system.
I checked it with a reference media image to rule out my image problems, there is also no VGA and no /dev/fb0 even though I changed vidargs and overlays as well.
When I use toradex easy installer with vidargs: ‘video=mxcfb0:dev=vdac,1280x720M@60,if=RGB565 video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb2:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M’ I see a VGA image without any problems .
Can anyone tell me what exactly I’m doing wrong?

I tried using the latest multimedia image reference (BSP 6, 01-08-2024) and changing vidargs and overlays allows me to get a VGA image.
Where can I get instructions for self-assembling an image based on BSP 6?

Hello @SVL

You can follow the instructions here:

Best regards,
Josep

Hello Josep. Thank you. Now everything works fine.

Hello @SVL ,
Thanks for the update. Glad that we were able to help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Josep