No OS loading VF61

Hi,
I have one of my VF61 with problem to boot WinCE. I try install Linux and is working fine every time when I try install WinCE is showing me

OMELaunch 80004000 

and stop.

I was suspecting boot partition but I don’t know how to check it.

alt text

Dear @KrisSS

I guess the WinCe boot is stuck while loading the flash file system driver.
Did you do execute the eraseflash filesystem command, as described in the document Colibri VF50/VF61 WinCE Bring-up ?

You can also enable the debug messages in order to get some additional information in the terminal.

If my guess is correct, the system should continue booting after about 5 minutes. You can avoid this long delay by executing eraseflash filesystem.

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

Yes, I follow the Colibri VF50/VF61 WinCE Bring-up

but the debug message give me some clue.
1141-vf61-1.jpg

How I can create default registers settings?

Kris.

Dear @Kris

The message

Registry - registry is empty.

Is not an error message. It indicates that the system is using the default registry settings, no user saved modified settings so far.

Now your system boots further on, compared to the first log you posted.

You can enable the debug messages over serial port, in order to get some more information about the boot process.

Regards, Andy

Hi Andy,

This is the point I already turn on

dbg.serial:     1               (Debug Serial Output) 
ss.dbginfo:     1               (Enable DebugInfos)

And this is the message what I can see nothing else:

Press [SPACE] to enter Bootloader Menu

Initiating image launch in 0 seconds.
Loading OS Image
............................................................................................................................
Done.
OEMLaunch 80004000
Windows CE Kernel for ARM (Thumb Enabled)

Toradex Windows CE 7.0 1.5b6 for Vybrid Built Nov 21 2017
Registry - registry is empty.

About the eraseflash filesystem i did that many times then go to Colibri VF50/VF61 WinCE Bring-up.

Why is boot Linux and can’t boot WindCE?

Dear @KrisSS

I’m running out of ideas. As a last try please update bootloader and OS to the final V1.5 release, which you can get from our software download page.
There was a modification which might potentially fix the issue.

If this does not help, I fear the module is broken. Linux does not use the same RAM and flash areas for booting, which could explain why it still works.
In this case, please fill in the RMA form to let us repair or replace the module. By default, we might get back to you with questions whether you tried to do software fixes. Just refer to this ticket to avoid answering similar questions again.

Best Regards,
Andy