no hdmi output

I have a HDMI display connected to the DSI to HDMI adapter. It works with Easy installer ok, but when I install “TorizonCore 5.3.0+build.7” there is no display output

If I install from CI “TorizonCore 5.2.0-devel-202102+build.7”, display works OK.
In either version, the web access port :8840 works.

Is the latest version not compatible with my boards? any advice?

Thanks!

Greetings @ratonvaquero,

This seems to be a hardware compatibility issue. According to your post you have a Verdin iMX8MM 1.1, but a 1.0 DSI to HDMI adapter and Dahlia carrier board.

The 1.0s are considered last generation Verdin hardware. Which is only fully supported back in 5.1.0, with limited support in 5.2.0. Starting with 5.3.0 there’s only full support for 2nd generation Verdin hardware, basically anything with 1.1 versioning.

For more information about this change please see the article here: Verdin Product Family Specification Update | Toradex Developer Center

As for your case however, I’ll have our team contact you over email to see if we can get this hardware issue sorted out, please wait for this email.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

ok, sounds good. I think for now, I will keep using 5.1.0. Thank you

Yes please stick to 5.1.0 for now until you can get a hold of some updated hardware.

Best Regards,
Jeremias

Hi, I am currently facing a similar issue as well. I tried using “Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_5.3.0+build.3” but i got no display output through VGA. I got the problem fix when i use “Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_1.8-20181019”.

I wanted to ask how to check the hardware version and will i face hardware compatibility issue if i use “Apalis-iMX6_Reference-Multimedia-Image-upstream-Tezi_5.3.0+build.10” with “Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_1.8-20181019”.

I am using an Apalix iMX6 and Apalis Evaluation board

I believe the issue that @jeremias.tx mentioned was specific to the Verdin family. The hardware versions should be shown on the boards.

Drew

I was trying to boot easy installer using USB. My first attempt was to use “Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_5.3.0+build.3” but my display shows that it detected nothing from VGA. Later i tried using "Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_1.8-20181019” and it works. I got check using serial port for “Apalis-iMX6_ToradexEasyInstaller_5.3.0+build.3”, it shows the Welcome to toradex but display detected nothing from VGA.
May i know if this is related to hardware compatibility issues?

It may be that the VGA device tree overlay is not enabled by default in that version of the Easy Installer. I know that it is not in the Torizon images for instance. Can you use the HDMI port and see anything?

Drew

After checking this guide:

It says to use a DVI-D display, and unfortunately i don’t have that cable at the moment. May i ask how to enabled VGA output for easy installer?

I think this article may help but I’ve never tried it myself since I don’t have a VGA monitor. Please let me know if it works.

Drew

Thank you. I have tried and it works.