This is a follow-up to this question. I need more RAM for my M4 firmware (like 32MB). Now i tried to understand how to change the memory layout and encountered some problems:
- According to the answer 2MiB are reserved for the M4 in colibri_imx7.c. I am a little confused because the comment at line 515 states that 1MB is used. Maybe this is a typo?
- The linker file MCIMX7D_M4_ddr.ld specifies the memory areas in the middle of those specified at here. What could be the reason for that?
- Where is the heap size defined? In MCIMX7D_M4_ddr.ld the HEAP_SIZE is set to 0x400 which is 1024 but i do not know if this means bytes or words.
- What steps have to be done to increase the available M4 data memory section? Maybe you could give an example?
- Related to question 1. When i want to increase the M4 RAM from 1MB to 32MB, would it be sufficient to change “SZ_256M - SZ_2M” into “SZ_256M - SZ_32M - SZ_1M” in colibri_imx7.c?
- I noticed that some of the FreeeRTOS demo applications define configCPU_CLOCK_HZ as 240000000ul but the M4 is specified to run at 200MHz? How could this work out?
Thanks in advance.