Missing symlink in toradex-bsp-platform.git, LinuxImageV2.6-next branch?

Hi,

I’m trying to checkout the latest -next branch of the toradex-bsp-platform:

repo init -u https://git.toradex.com/toradex-bsp-platform.git -b LinuxImageV2.6-next

This results in the following:

fatal: manifest 'default.xml' not available
fatal: remote githw not defined in /home/gardarh/yocto-imx7/.repo/manifests/default.xml

I want to look into your imx7 board so I figured it would be best to try out the -next branch rather than the stable branch since the platform support is rather recent. Do you recommend either branch over the other?

Dear Gardarh

Please note that all our -next branches are exactly that -next. Should you not know how to cope with any issues surrounding any of this usage of them is probably not the right thing for you and we will not answer any questions in that regard, I am very sorry.

Marcel Ziswiler

Platform Manager Embedded Linux

I guess the reason I asked is since I faintly remembered having read something on toradex developer website about using -next, and just found it again:

Note: In V2.6 Alpha 1, there is an
issue rendering the Linux clock driver
useless when the Cortex-M4 is started.
Due to a second bug, this only
manifests on Colibri iMX7D. Use the
latest 3.14.52 kernel available in the
-next branch to avoid those issues.
In light of this I figured in the case of imx7 the -next branch might be more stable than the “stable” branch and that the missing default.xml symlink might just’ve been an oversight.

For the kernel tree itself that might be true yes. But we don’t keep all the -next branches synchronized, especially you can not expect that toradex-bsp-platform and meta-toradex is already updated for non-released stuff.