Linux2.8 - real-time patch linux-toradex-rt-4.9.2.3.x does not apply

Building the angstrom-lxde-image works fine (only few recipe added like nano).
As soon as i set

PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel = "linux-toradex-rt"

I get the following error.

patching file sound/core/pcm_native.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 136 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 151 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 159 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #4 succeeded at 177 (offset 1 line).
Patch patch-4.9.115-rt94.patch does not apply (enforce with -f)
ERROR: linux-toradex-rt-4.9-2.3.x+gitAUTOINC+d899927728-r0 do_patch: Function failed: patch_do_patch
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/sumo/bin/oe-core/build/tmp-glibc/work/colibri_imx6-angstrom-linux-gnueabi/linux-toradex-rt/4.9-2.3.x+gitAUTOINC+d899927728-r0/temp/log.do_patch.5391
ERROR: Task (/home/sumo/bin/oe-core/build/../layers/meta-toradex-nxp/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-toradex-rt_4.9-2.3.x.bb:do_patch) failed with exit code '1'

Note: This used to work also with Linux2.8 but fetched maybe one month ago.

Regards,
Roger

Patches welcome.

Hi @Roger

Thanks for communicating this issue.

For the solution, either you can go back to a working Configuration or try to integrate new patches to make it work again.

Best regards,
Jaski

Please help yourself:

http://git.toradex.com/cgit/meta-toradex-nxp.git/commit/?h=rocko-next&id=850fb2c12f446023c3d186f6050c9a5fec998266

Will this patch be included in the final BSP2.8 release?

I am not sure, what did you mean with that? Usually we don’t create or provide any Real-Time Demo Images.

We are waiting for the stable BSP2.8 release to build release images for some of our products. However we are using the RT-patch (which was working in 2.8.4). So the question is, will the 2.8 release include those patches mentioned above or will i need to integrate them?

The release 2.8 is same as the Bsp 2.8b6 as explained here. We won’t create any new Images for Bsp 2.8, but we will integrate the patches from rocko-next branch to rocko branch. You can use this to build your own image, what you usually should do, since Toradex provides only demo images.

Best regards,
Jaski