Linux image for Colibri iMX7d 1GB

Hi

I’m moving from Colibri iMX7d 512MB to iMX7d 1GB module ; can I use the same Linux image to flash the new module or have I to build a new image ?

Thank you

Technical Support queries

Hi @Phil_Elec, how are you?

Thanks for posting your issue in the community.

There are a few differences between the 512MB and the 1GB versions of the Colibri iMX7 Modules. The most expressive is that the first uses NAND flash while the second has eMMC flash (eMMC (Linux) | Toradex Developer Center).

Due to all the differences, there are two machine configurations that you can set on your Yocto build as you can see here: Build a Reference Image with Yocto Project/OpenEmbedded | Toradex Developer Center

Therefore, I’d recommend you build a new image with the machine variable set as colibri-imx7-emmc.

You can also see on our download links that there are two download options for our iMX7 modules: Toradex Download Links (Torizon, Linux BSP, WinCE and Partner Demos) | Toradex Developer Center

I don’t know which exact version of our images you base yourself on but this may also be an opportunity to upgrade your images to our newest LTS (BSP 5.7) or even use one monthly release of the BSP 6, for instance.

Does this clarify the question?

Best regards,

Hi gclaudino.tx
Thank you for your response. It’s clear for me.
Regards