Dear Toradex Community,
I want to test SPI on Colibri VF61 using the spidev_test testing utility from Linux sources. The spidev_test tool prints the data it is receiving. As I connected SPI MOSI with SPI MISO, I expect to see the data sent. I also connected SPI clock and MOSI to an oscilliscope but I can see neither a clock nor data. The \dev\spidev1.0 entry is present in the Linux file system. Therer are no error messages when opening a filedescriptor or doing the configuration using ioctl(). But there is simply no communication on the pins.
We are using Colibri VF61 together with Viola carrier board Rev 1.1.
On the X9 expansion header of Viola carrier board I made the following connections:
- MOSI - X9 PIN20 (Colibri PIN_92)
- MISO - X9 PIN21 (Colibri PIN_90)
- CLK - X9 PIN22 (Colibri PIN_88)
We use the following Linux configuration
- Buildroot 2015.11
- Linux kernel from git://git.toradex.com/linux-toradex.git (version c78b5ae472e69452d5fe44c261d57c8083c59f74)
- Device tree from kernel vf610-colibri-eval-v3